Sunday 23 September 2012

Foundation | Rimmel Wake Me Up

As from the picture above you can see this post is about the rimmel wake me up foundation.
I have been using this popular drug store foundation since july this year.
I had seen my favourite beauty vlogger Tanya Burr (pixie2woo) on youtube using this in her tutorials. If you havent yet watched her on youtube, you must go and watch, she is a professional makeup artist and knows her stuff!
This foundation is less than 10 pounds and I think it lives up to its name and price.
The packaging is a funky clear bottle with a huge orange lid.
When using the foundation I apply with a brush, as I find it gives more even coverage.
To start with  I found this foundation had a lovely light, smooth texture. On the skin it feels really fresh and dewy. Not heavy and cakey one bit. It doesn't have much of smell. Not pungent like some facial products can be.
The coverage is good for my skin, I bought it in the shade ivory. I have a few blemishes and redness from time to time and this does the trick nicely. It gives your skin a really smooth and glowy finish and has a sparkle in the formula. I must admit (i think)this is what gives you the radiant/bright/wakemeup look.
I swatched this onto my hand for this picture
as you can see there is a shiny finish, so maybe if you have oily skin type, I would maybe refrain from using this product, or you might want to apply a powder to your oily areas after.
I haven't been using a pressed powder over this as its been summer, however coming to winter I prefer a matte/velvet finish so will be applying a powder over this.
I use this foundation daily, it gives me enough coverage for day to night.
It also have SPF 15, which is great for anytime of year.
Between wake me up and  Bourjois healthy mix, i would reach for this more as the finish looks more even to me.
I can barely feel the product on my face which is always an advantage.
Hope you have enjoyed the read,
Bye for now.
Regan x

No comments:

Post a Comment