Friday 28 September 2012

Syn Free KFC Style Chicken |Slimming World




This yummy recipe is for anybody who enjoys the very deliciously but very naughty KFC chicken.
My nan (who as well is a member of slimming world) told me about this recipe.
I spend Wednesdays evenings with my Nan, where we try out healthy recipes and eat what we make :)
I love the original KFC chicken so when I was told couscous was going to be the breadcrumb alternative I was a little dubious.
However not one to turn down a new experience we gave it a go...

All you need is
  • 200grams plain couscous or  2 X 100grams packets of flavoured couscous of your choice (Ainsley Harriot does a great range of flavours)
  • 6 skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • spices of your choice for example, chili, garlic, cumin, coriander, pepper,paprika etc.
Its quite simple to make so here goes:
Preheat your oven to gas mark 7.
Firstly soak your chicken breasts in the beaten eggs, make sure they are fully coated.
Next on a large plate lay your couscous out and if your using the plain couscous add your choice of spices. (I think KFC uses up to 11 spices, so be generous.)
Then get an egg soaked chicken breast and roll it into the flavoured couscous.
Once covered in couscous place on a wire rack in a roasting tray. (or you could just put it onto a baking tray if you prefer.)
Do this with the rest of the chicken breasts.
Egg-Couscous-Tray
Then place in the oven for a good 30-40 minutes.
You want your couscous breadcrumbs to be browned but not burnt.
So this is my result..


The best thing about this recipe for me is that you don't get the greasiness that you get fromm deep fried chicken and there is no skin.
The couscous gives the chicken a great crumbly texture, making you think that you are enjoying breadcrumbs.
Its such an amazingly effective recipe, I mean I bet you could even trick children into thinking its breadcrumbs!
Another advantage is you can put whatever flavour you like in the mix, so if you love your chicken spicy then add plenty of chilli flakes!
Hope this has inspired you!

 

Thanks for reading,
Bye for now.

1 comment: