Tuesday 25 September 2012

Mushroom Soup |Slimming World

As the dark nights are approaching, I am finding myself wanting to eat everything in sight!
I love nothing more on a cold dark evening to be wrapped up in a fleece blanket and fluffy socks eating all the things I shouldn't be!
Like this evening, impatient for my Tea, I went scrambling into the fridge seeing what naughtiness I could find.
After realising I have probably already eaten the last chocolate bar yesterday..
I decided I would stop being lazy looking for a quick fix of stodge and make myself a soup.
Not just any soup.. a balanced, healthy and tasty soup.


So I quickly decided on a mushroom soup. As I have been a member of Slimming World since January, I have accumulated many books and recipes, the recipe I used here is out of the 'Slimming Worlds Little Book Of Soups.'
I have got admit this recipe is simple, quick and most importantly delicious! It has a small range of ingredients, so not too much time to prepare.
Its great for a snack, meal or to take to work in a flask.
I just eaten mine and it gave me such a warm, full of goodness feeling. You cant beat that feeling on a day when your not feeling 100%.
If your not a lover of mushrooms then this probably isn't the soup for you.

For people on Slimming World Extra Easy, this soup is free!

So if this has tickled your taste buds, go on treat yourself by cooking a lovely winter warmer soup!
Here is the recipe:

2 garlic cloves chopped
1 potato peeled and diced
500g button or chestnut mushrooms chopped
1.5 litre water with stock cube/jelly
Salt n pepper
Fresh parsley to serve.


Add all veg to a non stick saucepan add fry light and stir fry on a medium heat for 5-6 mins unitl brown, then add the stock.
Bring to Boil, then cover and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Season well.

Remove from heat and blend.



Sprinkle with parsley to serve.


And ta-dahhh a lovely soup ready for you and your family to enjoy!
What you waiting for?

Enjoy.
Bye for now.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, just found this on a google search. Sounds yummy! Just wondering is it suitable for freezing? Thanks a mill.

    ReplyDelete